Monday, December 04, 2006

Okay. It was time for a picture change. I took me out of my bikini. Although I hope to spend as much time as possible in a bikini on the east coast.. aaahh Indian ocean.. it had to go. Having met Julie Powell and having found her as wonderful as her book.. I am a little sad that the copy of Julie and Julia isn't in the new image.. maybe in a future one? I am sure I am giving this far too much thought.

So.. I logged on to say.. check out http://melinza.blogspot.com - very fun girl.. also with VSO.. who may also ride a motor bike.. but in Zambia. Speaking of which my lessons are scheduled. Christmas eve.. I will be learning to ride. And allow me a small anecdote. A small trip down memory lane. One Christmas eve when we lived in Vermont South, I chose to ride my bicycle down a hill near our house as fast as I possibly could. I think this is something we did often, but on this particular night it ended with a face slide down the footpath and I basically took off one cheek. This makes me apprehensive .. a coincedence? or a warning? I will keep my face guard down. Mum kindly booked my lessons early enough so I can retake them if I fail. Ahh the confidence in my riding abilities.

6 weeks to go. Still no ticket. I saw the Iowa girls for the last time in a long time. The number of clothes in my closet is dwindling (They have been disributed far and wide). But recent reads:
- Serious Concerns by Wendy Cope (thanks Liz)
- Late Wife by Claudia Emerson (also poetry but much more sombre..)and,
- now.. well I can't really say because it's someone's Christmas gift. Ha! I bought it.. and then there were train delays. I am just sampling it. I'll let you know if it's any good.

1 comment:

mel said...

oooh! thanks for the mention in your blog (a pleasant surprise!). will try to be a good blogger and post regularly just for you ;)

your mention of books made me miss all mine back home. good luck with the motorbike lessons! i'm sure i will soon hear of the hot biker chic in Kenya. -m xo