Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I actually wrote a fairly extensive blog this morning.. and sure enough.. it is nowhere to be found on my zip. Alas. I will upload it tomorrow.

I am in Chicago. In response to all the questions.. I don't feel different about things now that I am back. I am still so very happy to be doing what I am doing, where I am doing it. In fact if anything, the visit confirms that I needed a change. Monday night at 5pm I was sitting at my same desk, working on my same computer, with literally piles of children's books and activity manuals and programming notes and I thought I had never left. Dave was meant to pick me up in Lincoln Park at 5:30 and I was still downtown, running late, completely discombobulated and it could have been last January, or last November, or 2003!

It has been lovely to see people though. Saturday night a large group of us (including Margaret Farren my 10th grade teacher who was in town from Ireland on a conference!!) went out for beers and pizza to catch up. Phil and his girlfriend Melissa too, and whilst it is always going to be a little bittersweet with Philly, it was great they were there and I am wouldn't have it any other way.

So. No regret. I can't believe you even thought to ask. b x

No comments: