Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hello. I have been ridiculously busy and distracted by work and house guests so haven't had the opportunity to do much of anything. Also for a good hour or so Monday I was completely convinced I had malaria.. which was a terrible thought, not least of all because i have much to much to do to be ill.

I don't know if I was in recovery from the weekend (but honestly with all my dancing I really didn't drink that much!) but Monday I was all over body aches and fatigue, culminating in me hopping off my boda-boda enroute to puke in the gutter. Nice. Nothing like public vomiting to draw a crowd.

Anyway, I am in Nairobi and attending in-country training with half a brain. The other half is doing preparation for next week's national training. I have so many things to do, that my wants and needs are in conflict damn it. Must fly. But I have been racking up some good stories for when I have half a minute to put them all down. Ha. love. b

p.s. I swear I lost a post. I really, really believed that I wrote all about my MARVELLOUS weekend of dancing with Argentinian men, but apparently not. So, suffice it to say I spent literally hours on the dance floor Friday and Saturday night. Hours. Kenyans (and Argentinians apparently) have a penchant for dancing and so I am developing my dancing skills (whilest sober!)as a new personal concept. It was so damn hot Saturday night and there was so much dancing that people were literally glistening. I might never have been so hot in my life, but it was immense fun. I am hoping for a repeat.. though Nairobi night life doesn't have the same laid back element as Kisumu.

No comments: