Monday, March 12, 2007

I am not blogging becuase I have been working on my speech and language training which is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! Really. The more I work on it the more work it needs. That was my weekend. And some dancing. The dancing was a release for all the typing. It turns out if I buy my tuk tuk driver beer he will stay out later and drive me home. Now I know it is questionable to buy your designated driver booze but he only had two and he actually called to check I made it into my house safely which was a very respectable thing to do.

But.. the whole poverty question. When I get five minutes.. expect an eloquent response. I have done a little research actually after a discussion with Robin Friday night.. but i need time.

I am waiting for Claire to arrive. She is staying wqith me this week. Tomorrow I go to Mumias until Thursday and Friday.. I am thinking to throw a little dinner party. I just might have 5 willing attendees. Don't actually have six forks, plates, or glasses but that can be remedied.

So.. Today a wonderful thing happened. I was at the market looking for mint (making Moroccan Vegetables and Cous Cous for dinner) and this boy says "I know what you want". And he brings me rosemary. Now it wasn't mint but I was suddenly and unexpectedly filed with joy at the fragrance of this fresh bunch of herbs. Really. I just stood there smelling it and it was wonderful.

Must fly. Soon. b xx

No comments: