Friday, March 30, 2007

Just quickly.. the workshop is really going tremendously. We did a Bev Bos style activities session yesterday and people seemed to like it. They were creating some fairly ornate collages, although Silas came up to me and said "now Bea, this isn't really a collage you know, it's a mosiac." Oh. Alright then.

Leading workshops is exhausting. There are 3 - 2 hour sessions, and 1 - 1 hour session per day. I typically lead 2 of the 2 hour ones and the one hour one and someone else does one of the longer sessions. The feedback leads me to believe people are actually getting it. We'll see when we do district follow up. I am so excited for the work to come.

Last night the hotel put on a barbeque and dance show, followed up by myself, the other facilitators and the participants busting out some moves on the floor. I have never danced so much in my life. But last night's activities were much better than what had previously been offered up!

Wednesday night the hotel gave us this mingle guy named David to do team building.. it was all fairly ridiculous. Tanya and I were laughing very hard and just how silly the activities were. Good old fashioned fun. It ended in tug of war and I have to say Kenyan women are just so cool. Cool without even trying. The ones on this workshop are fairly fabulous, beautiful and dynamic individuals. I have had the pleasure of some really interesting conversation with them about male/female relationships, marriage, the lot. What a different set of expectations we have. More on this later.

We are doing case study presentations today and then I am headed into Nairobi with Claire, Mike, Tanya and Sarah to listen to music at Alliance Francaise. Oh and probably.. you guessed it.. DANCING! Hooray. I leave for Kisumu with all the western district participants at 9am so it won't be such a big night. I think when I get to London next week I am going to need to sleep for days!

No comments: