Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hello.. I preface this to say I am so bored with my own opinions these days. Really.. it's tiresome. And I have been fairly lame about meeting people, even when they are right there and I just need to say hello. Uuurrgh. Crap.

Today was assessment day and all that entails. It was fine, I need to research the effects of malaria on development. I don't know if malaria is the cause of all these diabilities or just an easy scape goat. Seeing a fair amount of hemiplegia. Seeing a lot of hearing impairment, children who don't speak and other generally severe things. ur list of schools to go an consult with grows and grows. Maybe we should have a massive meeting where all the teachers in the district come and sit in the local stadium so we can talk about kids with disabilities. (hhmm. I will put it in my bloody work plan).

I am actually only in town briefly. There is a letter for me at the District Education Officers, I suspect it is my work visa?? What else would he have, but that seems too soon. I can use this as on opportunity to suggest the above. ha. So I am going to head out and work at home very soon.

Speaking of which.. I got some new rather smashing curtains made for my hall, front door and bedrooms. I need more material for the living room, (kitchen??) and bedroom cupboards. But not today. I'm hoping for guests around Feb 6th so really I need to prioritize furniture.. another bed and matteress, a bookcase and a bench. Oh and some plants.

Will be travelling up north to Butere-Mumias on Monday for a couple of days. There is another EARC up there and I need to nail down their Trainers of Teachers and schools.

Tired. Zucchini, Tomatoes and Onions for dinner tonight. Last night was potatoes, tomatoes, green pepper and onions. I am working on a book .. 365 meals with one stove top, 2 pans and less than 5 ingredients. I suspect it has already been written. b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is sounding cute. what color are the curtains? Jamie

Anonymous said...

What is hemiplegia? Are you only working with children with disabilities? What is a boda boda? There is no protein in Zuccini, tomatoes and onions! The dietician will need to come up with a meal plan. Don't worry about a cook book - your blog will be a book one day. Perhaps you need to get yourself a chicken - to talk to and to share your opinions with - at least you will have fresh eggs. M xo